Saturday 17 January 2015

smooth?

I remember my first custom made guitar and the neck.

always one to do a bit of tinkering, I played a friends guitar and he had the finish removed from the back of the neck, then a small veneer of varnish applied

so I got out the sandpaper and did the same.

it was smooth and felt great

now here is a different concept altogether

Dean Zelinksy Guitars Zenyatta Z-Glide Custom


I like the way the top curves away and it looks pretty light. the input jack is a good idea, giving you the ability to put the lead through your strap with ease.

but we are focusing on the neck and here is an example of what I am talking about



let's take a closer look


an engraved pattern on the back of the neck that reduces the friction of the thumb.

to quote, "reduces surface area by 70% and putting a bit of air between you and your guitar...your hand only comes in contact with 30% of the neck"

looking at it, it seems to make a lot of sense
 
for the full story and an impressive range of instruments

click here 


No comments:

Post a Comment