Saturday 31 January 2015

Maurizio

now I know this has nothing to do with new guitar design - or does it?

Maurizio Arcieri

30 April 1942 - 29 January 2015

if I told you some of the things this man did you probably thought I was making up some kind of fake history. a tale of an alternate earth

opened for the Beatles

hung out with Hendrix

had a few albums produced my Niko Papathanassio

who you ask?

maybe you might know his brother

Vangelis

with his wife Christina Moser, hung out at the Factory with Warhol

had a keyboard player in his band Krisma who went on to make a few soundtracks in Hollywood

Hans Zimmer

for all intensive purposes, worked to the very end

all I know was when I heard his music, when I heard the sound of his voice, the shock of the new embraced me.

I thought if such music could alter my mind from so far away, what other music was there?

all bets were off.

and nothing has changed since

if it is new and mysterious - bring it on.

I leave you with a photo of Maurizio with his wife

go look at the web or Youtube


the music lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment